WHAT YOU CAN RECYCLE
Use this Zero Waste Box to recycle:
Any brand and type of biodegradable or compostable plastic good. This includes PLA cups, knives, forks, spoons, bowls, and plates.
Biodegradable plastics are sent for industrial composting.
For Business Waste Transfer Notes, please use EWC 20 02 01 (biodegradable waste)
Do not send in:
- Organic matter, garden waste, compostable paper or wood.
- Food and liquid waste. Remove any food or liquid waste before disposing in the box. Small amounts of residual food or beverage waste is acceptable.
- Non-biodegradable plastic, products made from a mixture of biodegradable plastic and other materials (e.g. other types of plastic). For other types of plastic, please check our Zero Waste Box for Plastic Packaging.
- Hazardous waste (sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, toxic, infectious or pathogenic) which presents a danger to the environment, or to people
- Batteries, pressurised canisters, broken glass and medical waste