WHAT YOU CAN RECYCLE
Use this Zero Waste Box to recycle:
- Any brand of empty medicine blister packs
For Business Waste Transfer Notes, please use EWC 15 01 05
- Due to the nature of the accepted waste, this box is only available for purchase to pharmacists and medical settings, and should only be accessed or supervised by trained staff. By purchasing this box you are confirming you represent one of these facilities.
- We cannot accept medicine and medication residue. Boxes received that contain tablets will need to be diverted to Energy from Waste (and therefore may not be recycled).
- Blister packs must not have originally been destined for disposal as clinical or hazardous waste.
- Blister packs must not have come into contact with biological contaminants e.g. from within an operating or treatment environment.
Do not send in:
Any medicine and medication residue including tablets, pills, lozenges and caplets as medicine should be returned to a pharmacy for safe disposal
Cardboard, paper and any other types of waste other than empty medicine blister packs
Any other medicine containers such as bottles, inhalers or sprays
Hazardous waste (for example sharp, flammable, reactive, corrosive, ignitable, toxic, infectious or pathogenic) which presents a danger to the environment, or to people.
Batteries, pressurised canisters, broken glass and medical waste